Sunday: 9 AM & 12 Noon
Weekday Mass - Tuesday to Friday 12:10 (St. Joseph Chapel)
2020 Holy Days of Obligation
Holy days of obligation are days set aside by the Church when the faithful attend Mass. In addition to Sundays, the days observed as holy days of obligation in the United States are:
- January 1st – Mary, Mother of God - New Years Day Mass will be @ 10 AM
- May 21st – Ascension of Our Lord
- August 15th – Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary - Abrogated
- November 1st – All Saints
- December 8th – Immaculate Conception of the Blessed Virgin Mary
- December 25th – Nativity of Our Lord Jesus Christ
Mass held on these days will be at 12 Noon and 7:00 pm
Friday: 9:00 - 12 Noon
New Years Day Mass
Wednesday, January 1st 2020 - 10 AM
The 2019 Leonard Barks, Sr. Scholarship will be presented at the Dr. M.L. King, Jr. Prayer Breakfast. The Scholarship is awarded to members of the basilica who attend Catholic elementary, middle or high school in the Hampton Roads area. Please contact Eric Labat or Christopher Lamb for more information.
Remember Veteran’s Day weekend. In recognition, all veterans are asked to wear your uniform all masses to represent that service.
Save the Date: For the 5th Annual Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Prayer Breakfast on Sat., January 18, 2020 at 9am.
We have been notified today by the Diocese that a popular scam targeting parishioners is making the rounds yet again. To ensure that we remain vigilant against such crimes, we warn our parishioners that the scammers are targeting anyone associated with a parish. They are trying to trick people into sending gift cards to the pastor via links in the email (most popularly ITunes gift cards). Never transfer funds or send gift cards to people requesting it online. Always check with the church office first.
There are no upcoming scheduled events.
Archaeological Discoveries at The Basilica of St. Mary
KPC Founders' Day Turnout and Veterans' Day Recognition
Link to pictures from KPC Founders' Day Turnout and Veterans' Day Recognition Sunday 10th November, 2019
- Ms. Angela Harris, Resource Minister
- Mrs. Barbara Wright, Director Christian Formation
- Ms. Ercelle Drayton, Director of Sustainable Ministry
- Mr. Frank Scott, Religious Education Coodinator
- Reverend Jim Curran, Pastor
- Mr. Luther Adams, Sexton
- Mr. Lyndon Berry, Webmaster
- Reverend Mr. Calvin Bailey, Deacon
- Ms. Nicole Drummond, Office Manager
- Mrs. Oretha Pretlow, Pastoral Associate
- Ms. Phyllis Gary, Bookkeeper
- Mr. Sammie Logan, Jr, Director of Liturgical Music