Sunday: 9 AM & 12 Noon
Weekday Mass - Tuesday to Friday 12:10 (St. Joseph Chapel)
2020 Holy Days of Obligation
Holy days of obligation are days set aside by the Church when the faithful attend Mass. In addition to Sundays, the days observed as holy days of obligation in the United States are:
- January 1st – Mary, Mother of God - New Years Day Mass will be @ 10 AM
- May 21st – Ascension of Our Lord
- August 15th – Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary - Abrogated
- November 1st – All Saints
- December 8th – Immaculate Conception of the Blessed Virgin Mary
- December 25th – Nativity of Our Lord Jesus Christ
Mass held on these days will be at 12 Noon and 7:00 pm
Friday: 9:00 - 12 Noon
Special Mass Days
Ash Wednesday February 26, 2020
Mass Times - 12 Noon & 7:00 PM
We ask that you pray for those who are listed on the Parish Sick List, especially Phyllis T. Bickham, the mother-in-law of Sandra Bickham.
We ask that you remember in your prayers those who have died recently especially: Robert Giles, the son-in-law of Esther Whitley & Winston R. Pearson, father of Anita Pearson
9am: Today’s Mass is offered for the soul of Regina Morgan
The Jr. Daughters of Peter Claver are accepting applications for new members. If you are between the ages of 7 & 18 and have made your First Communion, then you are eligible. There will be an Informational Meeting on Sunday, March 1st in the Breezeway, after the 9 am Mass. For further information, please feel free to contact Stephanie Smith-Hyman or Janice U. Davis. Their contact information is in today’s bulletin
This year for Lent, Christian Formation will host a five (5) week bible study entitled "No Greater Love". This will take place in a morning and afternoon session starting on Wednesday, March 4th until Wednesday, April 1st. The Lenten Study set will be available in the Breezeway after Mass.
Ash Wednesday is February 26. Masses will be celebrated at 12Noon & 7:00pm. Additionally, Stations of the Cross will begin on Fri., Feb. 28th at 6:30pm immediately followed by “Faith, Fish & Fellowship” activities.
Out of concern for the safety of the children of our Parish, starting this weekend, parents must accompany their child when they need to go to the bathroom during Mass. The ushers have been instructed to not allow children to pass through thru the double doors that separate the Sanctuary and the entrance to the restrooms without adult supervision.
We have been notified today by the Diocese that a popular scam targeting parishioners is making the rounds yet again. To ensure that we remain vigilant against such crimes, we warn our parishioners that the scammers are targeting anyone associated with a parish. They are trying to trick people into sending gift cards to the pastor via links in the email (most popularly ITunes gift cards). Never transfer funds or send gift cards to people requesting it online. Always check with the church office first.
There are no upcoming scheduled events.
Archaeological Discoveries at The Basilica of St. Mary
KPC Founders' Day Turnout and Veterans' Day Recognition
Link to pictures from KPC Founders' Day Turnout and Veterans' Day Recognition Sunday 10th November, 2019
- Ms. Angela Harris, Resource Minister
- Mrs. Barbara Wright, Director Christian Formation
- Ms. Ercelle Drayton, Director of Sustainable Ministry
- Mr. Frank Scott, Religious Education Coodinator
- Reverend Jim Curran, Pastor
- Mr. Luther Adams, Sexton
- Mr. Lyndon Berry, Webmaster
- Reverend Mr. Calvin Bailey, Deacon
- Ms. Nicole Drummond, Office Manager
- Mrs. Oretha Pretlow, Pastoral Associate
- Ms. Phyllis Gary, Bookkeeper
- Mr. Sammie Logan, Jr, Director of Liturgical Music